KIBC traces her beginnings to an English language ministry started in Kowloon City Baptist Church in 1953. This work was divided in 1957 between the work on Hong Kong Island and the work in Kowloon. Interested people from Kowloon City Baptist Church, Hong Kong Baptist Church (English, now Hong Kong International Baptist Church), and the Foreign Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention were instrumented in the work. Kowloon Baptist Church (English Language) was constituted as a church in 1961 after being a chapel for four years. From the beginning the church has maintained a relationship with the Baptist Convention of Hong Kong. The church entered the building at 300 Junction Road in 1968. The church changed her name to Kowloon International Baptist Church in 1996.
KIBC began a nursery school in 1971 and changed the school to a kindergarten in 1975. The church has sponsored chapels in San Hui (Tuen Mun), the Hong Kong Filipino Baptist Chapel, the Sheung Shui Filipino Chapel, the Kai Tak Chapel, and the Tsim Sha Tsui Filipino Chapel. The church sponsored the beginning of the University Baptist Church and the Clearwater Bay International Baptist Church.
Today, Kowloon International Baptist Church is an active member of the Baptist Convention of Hong Kong and the Asia Pacific Baptist Fellowship, and participates in partnership with the Baptist World Alliance. Mission offerings support various mission organizations. Members have been involved in mission ventures in China, the Philippines, Mongolia and Myanmar in recent years.